Following the announcement from the Government yesterday that the North Lincolnshire area will be moving into Tier 2 on Saturday 31st October we’d like to take a moment to update our protocols in line with the Tier 2 restrictions and remind you of the usual stringent protocols that are in place here at Deepdale Garden Centre:
• A face covering will be required to enter the premises, can be removed when seated but in the interests of other customers must be worn when moving about the café, this is now in line with government guidance. If you visit Deepdale and have forgotten your face covering, single use face masks and visors are available to purchase on your way into the building. We understand that some of our customers will be exempt from wearing face coverings, however as they are now a legal requirement in shops for most people please do not be offended if we politely query the absence of a covering. We are just doing as requested to keep our customers and our staff safe during your visit.
• People who are not in the same household or support bubble will no longer be able to meet in our garden centre or café. This is something we will be checking.
• We have VERY limited outdoor seating for those wishing to meet within a group of 6 outdoors as per the law.
• Our café doors are left ajar to increase fresh air flow through the premises.
• If you or anyone in your household is feeling unwell, we would politely ask you not to come to the café or garden centre.
• Currently the café is not accepting advance table bookings.
• There are multiple hand sanitiser stations throughout the café and garden Centre and we strongly encourage our customers to use these.
• The café and garden centre operate on a one-way system with separate “Entrance" and “Exit” doors. The layout of the shop has been rearranged to allow for one-way movement as much as possible.
• “Please Wait Here to Be Seated”. Seating will be assigned to ensure that tables and chairs have been fully sanitised between customers.
• The government Track and Trace program is in operation with our unique QR code which we ask customers to scan before being seated in the café.
• To facilitate government guidelines on social distancing, the number of tables and chairs in the café has been reduced and for this reason no modification to the layout will be permitted.
• Card and contactless payment methods are strongly encouraged.
While you may not agree with our methods, we thank you for supporting our health and safety protocols. The safety of our customers, staff and suppliers is always our top priority.
As always, dogs are welcome but must be on a lead at all times. Please note that for distancing measures the kitchen has been redesigned and we no longer have a dedicated “dog free” seating area.
We’d like to thank all of our customers for your support during this time, as a small family run business we are incredibly grateful to you all for your continued support. We look forward to seeing you in store soon.
- The Deepdale Team