Following the recent reopening of The Bike & Bean Café we have made some updates as required to the health and safety protocols for the garden centre as some elements of our original protocol could not be instigated alongside the café being open. For example, the use of trolleys to limit the number of customers coming into the garden centre, as you have to enter the garden centre to reach the café so in this case a trolley would be unnecessary.
In line with the latest government guidelines, face coverings are now mandatory whilst shopping here at Deepdale Garden Centre. If you visit Deepdale and have forgotten your face covering, single use face masks and visors are available to purchase on your way into the building. We understand that some of our customers will be exempt from wearing face coverings, however as they are now a legal requirement in shops for most people please do not be offended if we politely query the absence of a covering. We are just doing as requested to keep our customers and our staff safe during your visit.
As always we look forward to welcoming customers, both regular and new, to the garden centre however our opening will still be subject to strict health and safety protocols, opening times and procedures. Please read below for our full statement:
Bill and Nina continue to offer a contactless delivery service as they have been doing since the beginning of lockdown, but deliveries will take place after 2pm Tuesday-Sunday. Call and collect will also now be available subject to health and safety protocols. To place an order please call 01652 633006.
Below are our stringent Covid-19 health and safety protocols:
• Face coverings are mandatory whilst shopping here at Deepdale Garden Centre. This includes whilst making your way to The Bike & Bean Café and until you are seated.
• If you or anyone in your household is feeling unwell, we would politely ask you not to come to the garden centre.
• Social distancing of 2 metres between staff and other customers must be adhered to at all times. To facilitate this, the number of customers permitted into the shop will be restricted.
• We would prefer that no more than 2 individuals shop together please.
• There is one “IN” door and one “OUT” door. The layout of the shop has been rearranged to allow for one-way movement as much as possible.
• The “IN” door will be locked 15 minutes before closing time each day.
• Contactless payment is strongly encouraged. Please note that Bill and Nina are still working without any additional staff in the garden centre. The mutual health and safety of our suppliers, customers and ourselves is our primary concern. This is a very new version of our usual operating procedures and, as with the contactless delivery system, may take time to perfect.
Opening hours and safety protocols are subject to change as needed.
The Bike and Bean Café has now reopened but is also subject to string health and safety protocols and opening times. For more information regarding café specific protocols please see here: https://www.deepdalegardencentre.co.uk/post/the-bike-bean-caf%C3%A9-is-now-open
As always, dogs are welcome but must be on a lead at all times.
Thank you for supporting our small business at this time.
- The Deepdale Team