Wow! It's been a little while now since we closed the doors to the Bike & Bean Café here at the garden centre to comply with the Government's Covid rules and lockdown plan.
But we are excited to let you know that on Wednesday 19th May 2021 we will be reopening the doors of the café for our customers to dine in and enjoy our delicious home cooked food made with locally sourced produce, locally roasted coffee, freshly baked cakes and much more!!
We have updated our Covid-19 Safety Guidance for the Bike & Bean Café and we would appreciate you taking a look below and familiarising yourself with our protocols if planning a visit.
The mutual health and safety of customers, suppliers and team members is always our primary concern. This is a very new version of our usual operating procedures and, as with the previous ventures, may take time to perfect!
Service will be slower due to our new protocols; please be patient with our staff.
We realise that some people find the rules frustrating; please be kind to our staff.
While you may not agree with our methods, we thank you for supporting our health and safety culture.
• If you or anyone in your household is feeling unwell, we would politely ask you not to visit the café or garden centre.
• Currently we are not accepting advance table bookings.
• A face covering is required to enter the premises, unless medically exempt. It can be removed once seated but in the interests of other customers it must be worn when moving about the café.
• There are multiple hand sanitiser stations throughout the café and garden centre and we strongly encourage our customers to make use of these.
• The café operates a one-way system with separate "Entrance" and "Exit" doors.
• "Please wait here to be seated!" - Seating will be assigned to ensure that tables and chairs have been fully sanitised between customers.
• The government Track & Trace program is in operation for every customer over the age of 16.
• To facilitate government guidelines on social distancing, the number of tables and chairs in the café has been reduced and for this reason no modification of the layout is permitted.
• Our maximum group size for indoor seating is 6 people.
• Contactless payment is strongly encouraged.
As always, dogs are welcome but must be on a lead at all times. Please note that for distancing measures the kitchen has been redesigned and we no longer have a dedicated "dog free" seating area.
Please take a look below at our updated opening hours for the Bike & Bean Café:
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Bike & Bean Café.