Our friends at Kadai tell us this serves six.
However when Matt and Bill get going, it seems to disappear rather quickly…
You will need to buy, or find the following ingredients in the cupboard.
- 500g boneless chicken cut into 2cm cubes
- Large slosh of olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 120g cooking chorizo, sliced
- 350g long grain rice
- 800 ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 red pepper deseeded and finely sliced
- 125g frozen peas( or tinned if desperate)
Now all you have to is
- Light your Kadai Firebowl and gently heat the Paella Pan as the logs die down
- Heat olive oil and brown off the chicken.
- Add the onion, garlic, smoked paprika and turmeric
- Add the chorizo and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to allow the chorizo oil to coat the rice.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and cook for 15 mins.
- Add the tomato puree, pepper and peas and cook for a further 15 mins or until all of the stock is absorbed, the chicken is cooked and the rice is cooked to perfection.